This year, I have a challenge for YOU:
1. Join my team and walk with me on September 16
2. Donate at least $10 in addition to the entry fee
3. Recruit 5 other people to also donate at least $10
IF WE GET AT LEAST 30 PEOPLE TO JOIN THE TEAM AND WALK WITH ME, I WILL DONATE $500
Why are we doing this?
The short answer is that we want to do something that helps kids, and can’t think of a better organization to support than Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
The longer answer is that by running or walking in this event for Children’s Hospital, we can raise funds that 100% support the care provided to kids, from life-saving cancer and heart treatments all the way to life-changing community care. At Children’s, they say they believe kids deserve the best, and they live up to that promise — for all kids.
Time and money is precious and we owe it to ourselves to be thoughtful about causes we support.
- Children’s has the No. 1 NICU in the country, able to care for the most fragile newborns with the most daunting complications.
- Children’s places nurses in schools in at-risk communities so that kids get preventative, regular care right in their own backyard.
- Children’s funds ground-breaking research.
- Children’s is a non-profit and relies on events like this one to pay for the level of care our kids receive.
Walking as a team at Briggs & Al’s Run & Walk sends out a huge shout of support to the kids cared for by Children’s Hospital, and raises critical funds to support their care. It’s also a lot of fun, with kid-focused activities and entertainment all the way!
If you haven’t already, please join our team or help kick start fundraising with a donation of your own by clicking the donate button.